If we aim to buy local produce that has been grown and made in Cornwall we not only reduce our carbon footprint but also support local trades and our community in general.
St Austell now has its very own Local Produce Market located in the town centre between Holy Trinity Church and the Market House and is held every Saturday from 10am to 3pm.
Here is a selection of the wonderful local produce on offer:
- Locally reared pork meat, sausages etc
- Fresh, wet fish
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables
- Local, Cornish & West Country Cheeses
- Local lamb and beef
- Local wild game
- Locally brewed Beer & Ale
- Locally smoked fish – cold smoked salmon & mackerel, hot smoked salmon, smoked cheese etc
- Homemade Jams & Preserves
- Freshly made Nepalese curries
- Homemade Cakes & Biscuits
- Locally made Speciality Breads
- A Local Hog Roast
- A Demonstration Kitchen – local celebrity chefs cooking fresh, seasonal, local produce
& Musical Entertainment each week
There are also several bakery shops selling locally baked breads and cakes.
St Austell Brewery Visitor Centre provide a wide range of alcoholic beverages.
If you do shop in a supermarket remember to look out for goods that have been Made in Cornwall and support your local community.